Aluminium and steel pressure cookers are the two predominant varieties available in the market. However, with each coming with a set of pros and cons, shopping for one can be a confusing task. With the market flooding with too many brands and varieties of cookers, one is spoilt for choice. So, let us go into an unbiased discussion and declare the deserving winner between a steel and an aluminium pressure cooker!
Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- Heavy-duty material – The best pressure cooker in India is supposedly a steel one because of its longevity even after years of use. Stainless steel does withstand heat, wear and tear issues and thus a more popular material for any product.
- Easy cleaning – Stainless steel, as the name suggests does not undergo rusting nor does get scratches quite easily. As a result, the cleaning process is much easier.
- Does not burn food – The material absorbs very less heat and as a result the heat distribution property is also weak. This means, the risks of burning food is quite less and hence is a perfect choice for those who are just starting out as in the culinary world.
- Resistant to any kind of wear and tear – Stainless steel remains damage-free for the longest time even after repeated use. In fact, they are also resistant to natural corrosion like rust or acidic decay.
- Longevity – A stainless steel pressure cooker is guaranteed to last for years without a scratch if taken care of properly.
- Heavy – The heavy weight sometimes can become an issue and can cause accidents and spills.
- Bad heat conductor – Stainless steel is a bad conductor of heat due to which several problems are encountered like prolonged cooking time, uneven cooking due to inconsistent heat distribution, etc.
- Expensive – Given its features, one can expect these to have quite a higher price range in comparison to other materials.
Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Good heat conductor – Aluminium being the most efficient heat conductors among metals, the pressure cooker is also much more effective in terms of cooking time and evenness.
- Lightweight – This is one convenience that really stands out.
- Used in large-scale cooking –Due to its effectiveness in terms of cooking time, lightweight design and even distribution of heat, aluminium pressure cookers are ideal in large-scale cooking.
- Inexpensive – Getting a good product within an affordable price range is very important. As a result of its affordability, an aluminium pressure cooker comes close to being classified as the best pressure cooker in India.
- Short lifespan – Since the material is as heavy-duty as stainless steel, you can expect faster damage and much less longevity.
- Warps in a short time – Because aluminium is much thinner and lighter, the product may warp with use and time.
- Rust and stain – Even with careful cleaning, stains, scratches and rust are somethings that cannot be avoided.
- Food burns – As heat travels faster in an aluminium cookers, the risks of burning your food is also quite high if not monitored properly.
- Affordability- Aluminium wins here, but the price you pay for a steel one is worth every penny.
- Durability – Stainless steel is the obvious winner here.
- Maintainace – A tough run, but a stainless steel cooker is definitely much easier to maintain.
- Functionality – Aluminium qualifies for overall easier cooking.
- Safety – Both are safe except a stainless one is a bit heavier.
- Output – It is an expert opinion that even though aluminium cookers cook food faster, food quality is better obtained in a steel one.
Undoubtedly, a stainless steel is much more efficient and effective than an aluminium one and inspite of its drawbacks, its quality and longevity wins over everything else. So now you know which the best pressure cooker in India is and what to get for your kitchen.